Displays an Ask a question page.
Provides a quick way for visitors to find useful threads.
(Example of Ask a question page when first clicked)
(Example of Ask a question after visitor types something)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- User groups determine which group sees the Ask A Question tab.
- All phrases start with askaquestion_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-AskAQuestion-1.5.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/AskAQuestion directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
Q: Do I ever have to rebuild the search or thread indexes to use this add-on?
Q: Are thread titles and posts searched?
A: Only thread titles are searched.
Q: Is the "View threads by others" set to No or Never honored?
Q: In order to use Enhanced search option, which version of Elasticsearch and Enhanced search will I need?
A: You will need Elasticsearch 6.0.0 (or newer) and Enhanced search 1.1.7 (or newer).
Q: Can I change the Route filter?
A: No. The Route must be 'askaquestion' for this add-on to work.