(Example of Birthday thread)
(Example of Options page)
(Example of User group permissions)
- Automatically creates birthday threads for your members.
- Alert is sent letting the member know about the birthday thread.
- Follows "Show day and month of birth" privacy settings.
- All phrases start with birthdaythread_ for your convenience.
- Download Andy-BirthdayThread-2.2.zip and unzip it.
- Copy the src/addons/Andy/BirthdayThread directory to your server.
- From the Admin Control Panel Install the add-on.
In order to change the Cron entry, you need to add $config['development']['enabled'] = true; to your config.php file.
Set the Birthday thread cron entry to run once a day at 3:00 AM.
Be sure to remove development mode line in your config.php file once you finished editing your cron entry.
Select next day
The following option needs to be selected if your cron entry runs the previous day of members birthdays.
User group permissions:
Normally all you need to do is set the Registered user group to "Yes".
Questions and Answers:
Q: Is it possible to have all birthdays put into a single thread?
A: No. The idea of a birthday thread is to spot light a single member and have a place to share nice comments directed solely to the one member.