Then this add-on is for you!
The TMDb TV Thread Starter allows you to enter the TV show ID or the entire link to the TV show at TMDb into your new thread, add whatever comments you like and post the new thread. The TMDb TV Thread Starter will import all of the information for your TV show into the first post of the new thread.
- Optionally makes the new thread title the name of the TV show.
- Automatically populates the top of the first post with the TV show poster and information.
- Automatically displays the TV show poster and information in forum thread list.
- Include TV show episode information in replies.
- Checks for duplicate TV shows and changes a new thread to a post in existing thread if found.
- What information is imported into the first post is admin selectable.
- Ability to search Genre, Creator and Title in forum thread list.
- Information shown in forum thread list is admin selectable.
- Choose multiple forums as TV show forums.
- Award trophy points for starting TV show threads.
- Create forums to discuss individual TV shows
- Create forums to discuss TV episodes in TV show forums
- Information import support for any ISO-639-1 language.
- Removed BB-Codes from TV posts
- TV show display in threads in now via a template (allows for immediate forum wide changes).
- All TV show images are downloaded to your server (allows for immediate change in the event of a problem with other display source).
- TV show plot automatically shown in thread preview (no longer an option).
- TV show title is always used as thread title (unless new thread is a regular thread).
- Users can change their rating at any time.
- Season sort option is now immediate when changed
- Removed network limit option
- In place editing of TV shows
- Edit episode permission
- Edit TV show permission
A TMDb API Key obtained from The Movie Database web site
WARNING: If you are upgrading from the XF1.x version of this add-on all images must be stored locally prior to upgrading to the XF2 version. Enable "Store Small TV Poster Images Locally" and "Store Thread TV Posters Locally" in the XF1.x add-on options. And be sure the "TV Thread Update Missing Poster Images" cron task is enabled. Once that cron task disables itself, all of your poster images should be stored locally.