Global Module Areas
Two new module sections have been added to Site Builder Pages. Placing a module within the new sections will cause it to appear on all pages. The new sections appear above and below the content areas on the page.
Forum Listing Cleaned Up
Removed the extraneous category backgrounds above top-level forums in the default presentation. This presents a clearer view of the forums to the end-user and brings the display in line with older versions of vBulletin.
Old Forum Layout:
New Forum Layout:
New moderator notifications have been added to the User Settings -> Notifications page. The settings to control these notifications are designed to replace the Moderator Email controls in the AdminCP and shift the control to the end-user. They will only appear to users that already have moderator permissions. Currently, there are four different notifications that a moderator can receive.
Additional Frontend Issues
- Resolved an issue where Articles were sorted by the last comment date and not published date.
- Renamed the Activity Stream module on the default Home Page to Forum Home module. This better reflects its purpose.
- Updated the layout of Site Builder's Page Editor to allow for proper module spacing.
- Updated node parsing to prevent extraneous JSON from appearing after attachment deletion.
- Resolved an issue where Code, PHP, and HTML BBCode can have an improper height.
- Resolved an issue that prevented pagination on the Members List when using a non-English language.
- Resolved an issue that could show incorrect content based on caching and the use of is_member_of() based conditionals.
Setting -> Option Groups
To make URL options easier to locate, all URL Options have been moved to a new group called "Site URLs and Routing". In addition to this, the following changes have been made:
- The Site Name / URL / Contact Details group has been renamed "Site Name / Contact Details"
- The Human Verification Group has been removed. The single option from this group can now be found under Settings -> Human Verification Manager.
An option has been added to convert URLs to ASCII format. When enabled, the system will automatically convert the UTF-8 characters in new topic titles to their ASCII representation. Turning this on will not necessarily change old content. However, if you edit the content the URL will be converted. The conversion is based on the user's active language settings at the time.
You can find this option in the "Site URLs and Routing" group.
Delete Private Messages
A tool has been added to mass delete private messages in the AdminCP. It can be found under Node Tools. The tool will search and delete private message topics based on the criteria given. Depending on its settings there is the potential to delete active conversations. Private Messages deleted with this tool cannot be retrieved.
New utility functionality has been added to help convert date() and strftime() formatted dates into a more consistent format throughout the system. These changes should make dates more consistent within translations that must use a Locale to support UTF-8 character sets.
Additional Backend Issues
- Moderators should not be sorted by username on the Moderator Permissions page.
- Registration Statistics should work properly.
- Added a button to copy the text of the default phrase to the Help Manager to allow for easier translations.