Vikinger – BuddyPress and GamiPress Social Community WordPress Theme
The Next Generation WordPress + Buddypress Social Community!
We carefully designed this theme for you to have all you need to build an incredible community with full profiles, reactions, groups, badges, quests, ranks, credits and much more to come!
The Best Way to Connect With Your Friends!
BuddyPress Powered Social Community We took advantage and expanded the Buddypress plugin with reactions, shares, media, and much more!
Incredible Gamification with Gamipress We created a full gamification experience with badges, quests, credits and ranks to create an awesome experience!
Super Detailed Design Elements & Pages All pages are carefully crafted to fit all you may need! Also, we included lots of illustrations and elements PSD’s!
Super Complete Profile & Newsfeed Pages
We created a super complete profile page with a sleek design, boxes and a slider for easier access to all profile sections like: about, images, badges unlocked, quests completed, posts and more!. You’ll also find other community pages, like newsfeed, complete profile settings, members and groups directory and more!.
Totally Revamped Profile Status Updates!
We totally revamped the Buddypress status update box! Easily upload photos, GIFs. post status updates, edit your posts, and even link Youtube videos just by pasting the URL!!
You’ll count with a wide range of both status update and activity posts (like when someone becomes your friend). You’ll also have the option to mark your posts as pinned, favourite and private, all easily recognizable with our custom icons!
Express Yourself with Post Reactions!
Because we know how important it is, we created a reactions BuddyPress plugin specificaly for the Vikinger theme and with reactions illustrations designed by us!
You’ll get 8 different reactions: Like, Love, Dislike, Happy, Funny, Wow, Angry and Sad. We integrated seamlesly with BuddyPress so you can, not only react to profile posts, but also to profile comments and replies!
Easily Share Posts with Our Share Function
We created a new share activity and functionality so you can quickly share on your profile stream one of your friend’s activity!
If there’s a post you like, simply click the “Share” button at the bottom and a popup will open to show the chosen post and a status update box to add your thoughts! If you want, you can even share your own posts! Quickly add new information or just bring back some old post you wanna talk about again!
Gamipress: Badges Gamification
Using the Gamipress Achievements feature we designed a badges system where you can unlock them and earn credits to unlock profile ranks! You can also proudly show them in your profile with the badges widget!
We included a PSD with lots of badge designs so you can have fun and also, the badges are made with PS vectors, so you can custome them any way you want, or even create new ones!
Gamipress: Quests Gamification
Using the Gamipress Achievements feature we also designed a quests system where you can complete them and earn credits to unlock profile ranks! Like the badges, you can proudly show them in your profile with the quests widget!
We included a PSD with lots of quest medals colors so you can have fun and also, the medals are made with PS vectors, so you can custome them any way you want, or even create new ones!
Gamipress: Credits Gamification
Using the Gamipress Points feature we created three different credits: Gold, Gems and Emeralds. Use them to unlock new ranks and level up! You can proudly show them in your profile with the credits widget and also you’ll be able to always see your current balance on the top bar.
We included a PSD with the three credits and also, they are all made with PS vectors, so you can custome them any way you want, or even create new ones!
Gamipress: Ranks Gamification
Using the Gamipress Ranks feature we created a 6 ranks system where you can “level up” by collecting credits and completing requirements! We’ve also linked your rank number and progress to profile avatars! You’ll be able to quickly see each user’s rank and progress via the outter progress bar.
As with the others, we also included a PSD with the 6 rank shields. All are made with PS vectors, so you can custome them any way you want, or even create new ones!
Amazing Blog Page with Reactions
A complete blog with 3 different views: list, small grid and big grid to help people quicly search their favourite post. We prepared different post types like: standard, video, audio and gallery and three different open post views.
Also, like with the Buddypress post updates, we added reactions so people can show what they think about it!
Illustrations, SVG Icons and Avatars Included!
Yes! We’re including all illustration elements like the credits, rank shields, badges, quest tokens, section banners, the landing illustrations and a lot more inside the pack in PSD files and made with PS vectors so you can easily customize them with a few clicks!
We’re also including all SVG icons and 16 avatars (15 people and 1 smiley). Please keep in mind that this are just the illustration elements, not the complate pages PSDs!
Incredible Groups with Easy Management
So your users don’t have to make changes via the Wordpress panel, we created an author hub where they can easily change their avatar, cover photo, social networks, personal information, and much more!
Stylish Author Hub Management
Easily create and manage Buddypress groups! Inside the author hub we created an stylish management system so you can easily create and manage your groups, promote authors to mods or admins, check invitations, and more!
This Theme has React Elements Integrated!
Please read the description below to understand a little more about what this means!
We used React to make several parts of the template more dynamic, allowing users to interact with these parts without having to wait for a page reload, improving user experience. For example, a user can filter activities, add them to his favorites or pin it, react and comment on it, all without a single page refresh.
This also means that certain plugins or addons that may work out of the box with the default WordPress, BuddyPress or GamiPress, may not work without us adding support for them for our theme.
You can check every functionality that our Vikinger theme includes by visiting the live preview we created.
As part of our documentation, we created a lot of videos to help you with the setup and customization of every part of our theme, you can check all those videos here on the top banner.
Please ask us all questions that you need before buying!
ChangelogVersion 1.5.0 April 1st 2021
- Fixed an issue that would make a white space to show on a user profile "About Me" widget if the user didn't fill the About field in their Profile Info settings page.
- Fixed an issue that would make long text overflow in the "About Me" and "Group Info" widgets.
- Fixed an issue that would make the bottom of the comment forms not have a rounded border when there weren't any comments.
- The group "Created" date in the group profile "Group Info" widget is now displayed localized and with the format selected on the WordPress backend "Settings" -> "General" -> "Date Format" setting.
- The group "Type" text in the group profile "Group Info" widget is now translated correctly.
- The "Day", "Month" and "Year" text in datebox profile fields are now translated correctly.
- Added new customizer options to allow to disable photo and video upload related features ("Vikinger Settings" -> "Media" -> Photo Upload - Status" and "Vikinger Settings" -> "Media" -> "Video Upload - Status").
- User profile navigation now displays navigation items added by other plugins.
- User profile navigation now supports the display of navigation sub items added by other plugins.
- Improved styling of Checkboxes and Radio Buttons profile fields types.
- Added an option in the customizer "Vikinger Settings" -> "Footer" -> "Navigation - Mobile Status", which allows users to choose if they want to display or hide the footer navigation on mobile.
- Updated the backend FAQs section.
- Added a backend Troubleshooting section.
BuddyPress Integration Improvements
- Members can now delete their uploaded avatar and cover images from the profile info settings screen by using the new action buttons on the avatar and cover image previews and saving their changes.
- When a member uploads an avatar, an activity is now generated informing of this profile update.
- When a member creates a group, an activity is now generated informing of this.
- When a member is promoted to be a mod of a group, a notification is now generated informing them of this.
- When a member is promoted to be an admin of a group, a notification is now generated informing them of this.
BuddyPress xProfile Groups and Fields
The theme uses the BuddyPress xProfile groups and fields to allow site members to enter information about themselves, like bio, personal, interests, social links and account information.
To be able to show each xProfile field group and its respective fields in different settings pages and widgets in the members profiles, the theme has to query them by their name.
This creates problems if users need to edit group or field names for translations purposes, as the theme won't be able to find and display the group or field information if the name is not the one it is expecting.
To solve this and allow users to translate them, we have included a new customizer section with this update ("Vikinger Settings" -> "xProfile Groups / Fields").
To understand how to edit the profile groups and fields for translation purposes, we need to detail how the theme uses the group names.
xProfile group names consist of a prefix part (i.e. "Profile") followed by an underscore (_) followed by the subgroup name ("Bio"): "Profile_Bio".
The prefix part (in this example "Profile") is used to identify on which settings page the group and all its fields will be displayed in, to allow members to edit their information:
- "Profile" prefix: groups and fields display on the member profile info settings screen (Profile_Bio, Profile_Personal, Profile_Interests).
- "Social" prefix: groups and fields display on the member social settings screen (Social_Links).
- "Account" prefix: groups and fields display on the member account info settings screen (Account_Info).
The prefix part of the xProfile group names shouldn't be changed, otherwise the sub groups and fields won't display correctly in the settings pages.
The subgroup name part (in this example "Bio") is used to identify on which member profile page widget the subgroup fields are going to be displayed in (in this case, the "About Me" widget).
This subgroup in particular also has a special case with its "About" xprofile field, which is displayed differently from the other fields (text only at the top of the widget after the title).
With this update, users can now edit all subgroup names from the backend "Users" -> "Profile Fields" page to translate them and then enter that same name on the respective customizer "Vikinger Settings" -> "xProfile Groups / Fields" option.
This allows the theme to query the subgroup using the new name and display the information correctly on each widget.
As we mentioned before, the "Profile_Bio" "About" field is a special case and if changed, its new name has to be entered in the customizer.
Any other xProfile field names can be changed and will display correctly without the need to enter their new names in the customizer.
- xProfile group name prefix shouldn't be changed.
- xProfile subgroup names can be changed to translate them, but the new subgroup name has to be entered in the respective customizer "Vikinger Settings" -> "xProfile Groups / Fields" option.
- Any xProfile field names can be changed to translate them without further changes, except the "Profile_Bio" "About" field whose new name has to be entered in the respective customizer "Vikinger Settings" -> "xProfile Groups / Fields" option.
GamiPress Integration Improvements
- Achievement, Rank and Point activities are now displayed on activity lists if enabled on the GamiPress options.
- Individual Achievement and Rank pages linked through the new supported activities are now enabled and display information about the respective achievement or rank.
- BuddyPress actions for the following triggers have been revised and are now called appropriately when the respective action is complete:
- Change profile avatar
- Change cover image
- Update profile information
- Promoted to group moderator/administrator
- Promote another group member to moderator/administrator
Theme Setup Improvements
The theme plugin installer now allows for customized or preset installs. This allows users to keep their plugins up to date by using the theme installer even if they don't want to use a particular plugin, avoiding to have a plugin forcefully installed and having to uninstall it when updating core theme plugins.
Custom preset allows you to manually select which plugins you want to install and saves your configuration, while other presets feature preconfigured plugin combinations that automatically select the required plugins for each particular preset.
The last selected preset is saved and used by default when opening the setup page.
The following presets are now available:
- Community + Gamification
- Community + Forum
- Community + Gamification + Forum
Added the following plugins to the theme installer:
- Verified Member for BuddyPress
- BP Better Messages
- GamiPress - bbPress Integration
The theme plugin installer doesn't uninstall or deactivate any plugins, so if you want to change from a preset that has more plugins to one that has fewer, you will need to manually deactivate or uninstall any plugins that you don't want to use.
Child Theme Improvements
Added the "languages/" directory and enabled the loading of the child theme translation files on its "functions.php" file. You can now put your translation files on the child theme "languages/" directory, without having to make any changes to the "functions.php" file, and they will be loaded before the parent theme ones (you need to be using the child theme for this to work, this means you need to have it installed and active in your WordPress backend -> "Appearance" menu).
Most parent theme functions can now be overriten in the child theme (i.e. including a function with the same name on the child theme "functions.php" file, either directly or by using the same file structure as the parent, we recommend this second approach), allowing for easier customization of the parent theme functionality on the child theme. To make sure if you can override a parent theme function, please check if it has the function_exists() condition before its declaration.